Monday, September 19, 2011

Rain, Rain Please Don't Go Away

It rained the whole time I was at work which made it a very relaxing day. There's something about being in a desolate library while it's dark and rainy outside, and you're inside comfortable and dry watching the rain pour down. There's a unique feeling of peace that overcomes you. (Until your boss pulls you back into reality).

I thought a lot about Emmy today. My last conversation with her was very pleasant. We planned another date for this weekend. This time we noted to make it longer.

I asked her about her ghost but she didn't want to discuss it. I figure I'll leave it alone for now. I'll get to meet it soon enough I'm sure.

I heard from my mom last night. She let me know about the family reunion Sunday. I don't know if I'll go. My living relatives are bad enough, but the dead ones are worse, especially now that they're dead.

My mom is the only one that ever knew about my 'gift.' She always believed me, but when I was a kid we stopped talking about it because she was afraid that my father would have me committed. Even though I'm grown now, we still don't speak of it, and my father is still an asshole.

I wonder why mom has never doubted it wasn't 'just my imagination.'



(photo by mconnors)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love rain, it is just plain a.w.e.s.o.m.e. :D

P.S You can talk with the spirits ?
OMG, That is so cool

No offence :)

Anonymous said...

i only love rain when i'm in the comfort of my own home and not somewhere out on the street cold and wet..