Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Let Her Go

I woke up at two o’ clock this morning to a spirit crying and droning on, “She’s moved on, she slept with him!”

It pissed me off at first. Usually the dead never disturb me while I’m asleep. But this time, after waking up a little more, I kind of felt sorry for the poor fellow. I can’t imagine what it would be like to die and watch your wife move on.

I sat up for about an hour talking to this guy. To make a long story short, I told him to let her go and go find himself a nice ghost girlfriend. (Yes this does happen, I’m not kidding). I’m not sure if it did any good, but he left. He seemed to have a new attitude about life--or death, rather.

I never asked how long he’d been hanging around watching her, but perhaps it had been long enough. Sometimes the dead need to let the living go as the living do so with the dead.  Oh, but this isn’t always the case.

(photo by XTearsxOfXTomorrow)

No comments: